Director of Finance - EMEA
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI is searching for a Director of Finance who will support our EMEA operations. This role is based in Amsterdam and reports to the Managing Director of YETI EMEA, with a strong dotted line into YETI’s Vice President of FP&A (based at Headquarters in Austin, TX). This individual will be a key business partner to the operational teams, help to drive business operations across the region, and build cohesive relationships with corporate functions within the United States. The position will own all Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) activities, accounting close, reporting & ad hoc analysis, provide analytical support to the MD of YETI EMEA, and help to drive processes and strengthen business operations across the regions. This individual needs to be highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to management. They must be a collaborative problem-solver, who not only understands the numbers, but also the broader business context around them.
To be successful, this individual must be able to communicate effectively across the organization to provide critical information and escalate and address roadblocks. This is a critical role that will have a tremendous impact on YETI’s EMEA business as the company continues to scale and grow globally.
This role will initially have 1 direct report for accounting, but it will operate as an individual contributor for all other responsibilities (including FP&A). However, there will likely be opportunities to build out the team further as the business grows.
- Lead Financial Planning and Analysis activities across the region, including weekly sales outlooks, monthly P&L outlooks, quarterly forecasting, and annual budgeting.
- Support the month-end close process via P&L variance analysis versus prior periods and versus forecasts / budgets.
- Partner with the other members of the YETI EMEA leadership team to drive the business to hit sales and profitability commitments.
- Provide analysis of monthly financial & operational results, including the interpretation of current month performance as a predictive tool for attainment of quarterly and full year performance expectations.
- Implement financial reporting and planning processes that are consistent with the other YETI regions.
- Develop daily and weekly reporting across all revenue channels to determine the overall health of the business.
- Partner with the Digital Analytics team to use metrics such as traffic, conversion, and average order value to report on and better forecast our eCommerce business.
- Plan, report, and manage sales operating expenses, including sales commissions and account marketing spend.
- Conduct analyses to gain deeper insights into our business and help management understand how to scale, manage, and grow the business predictably and profitably.
- Lead projects and initiatives focused on improving productivity and simplifying processes throughout the organization.
- Generate Monthly Business Review, Board of Director, and other management presentations.
- Own various ad hoc analysis and presentations as needed.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting with strong academic credentials
- Graduate degree considered valuable but not required
- At least 10 years of finance experience supporting Europe, primarily in an FP&A function and at least 6 years of leadership experience
- Experience with fast growing consumer brands sold through both retail and eCommerce channels
- Experience working with the headquarters team for a global brand
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP experience a plus
- Executive presence and attention to detail are essential to this role
- Self-starter and persistent, with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Known for developing and delivering results on a timely basis
- Able to work in an ambiguous, fast-growing, team-first environment
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?