Senior Product Manager - Apparel & Headgear
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Senior Product Manager is a core member of the cross-functional team acting as the bridge from product idea to go to market initiatives and beyond. Constantly reviewing the product line, its details and its strategy while working with nearly every department in the organization, domestically and internationally. Managing the product line with the consumer always in focus while pushing the envelope of what is possible for the best product performance and user experience. This high impact role will be the product lead over the Apparel & Headgear category within the YETI portfolio.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Manage a complex and growing business that involves active portfolio management, including monitoring and responding to global omni-channel sales and product and consumer feedback. This requires a deep understanding of key product and commercial levers that impact performance.
- Develop and set a multi-year innovation roadmap that supports YETI’s overall growth and business objectives that is informed by market and consumer trends
- Set detailed product requirements (performance needs and features) that deliver on a compelling user experience
- Partner closely with design and development teams to deliver on the product innovation roadmap and actively manage any product decisions that arise
- Inspire, mentor, and cultivate teams to be excellent product managers and to deliver on business goals and objectives. Act as a people champion across the organization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders across the organization to drive results. Such collaborations include partnering with:
- Brand and Marketing teams to deliver compelling product messaging and positioning
- Supply Chain and Operations for global product planning
- Global Retail and eCommerce Sales teams to align on commercial and distribution strategies
- Quality and Customer Experience Teams to better understand customer sentiment and any potential product issues
- Act as the ultimate customer advocate, sharing the voice of the customer through deep understanding of consumer needs, buying preferences, and macro trends
- Continually monitor and report on the market landscape using competitive analysis and consumer insights to inform product decisions
- Effectively communicate to and align YETI’s Executive Leadership Team to category vision, roadmap, and strategy
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 6 years of product management experience within the consumer goods industry
- Act as a people champion within and across the organization
- Premium brands and consumer goods experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to work at scale within a global, high-growth environment
- Excellent agility and problem-solving skills demonstrating the ability to work within the grey
- Effectively build relationships cross-functionally to meet business goals and objectives
- Strong global product and merchandizing strategy experience
- Innovative thinker who synthesizes consumer insights, macro trends, and competitive analysis to make informed product decisions.
- Role is based out of Austin, TX
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?