Senior Director, Supply Chain Strategy
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
As Senior Director, Supply Chain Strategy, you will play a key role in the strategic planning process, business analytics and in building a roadmap and action plan for YETI’s Supply Chain organization. To fulfill your role, you will partner with YETI cross-functional partners and supply chain functions as well as outside partners to understand changes in our industry and their impact to our brand and supply chain strategies. This role reports to the SVP of Supply Chain and Operations and will be a key supply chain leadership role. The leader will also buildout the Supply Chain Analytics team to serve as a Center of Excellence (COE) for the supply chain organization and provide key performance indicators and trends
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Play a key leadership role to establish the supply chain vision and key strategies. On an annual basis, the role will be accountable for cascading the vision and strategy into an annual plan and key objectives.
- Drive long-term strategy development and annual goal-setting process for Global Supply Chain in partnership with the Global Supply Chain leadership team. Ensure a disciplined process to define, communicate, activate and manage strategic choices and initiatives that will drive short and long-term goals, in partnership with brand and corporate functions.
- Lead the Supply Chain Project Management Office (PMO) with responsibility for strategic allocation of resources and ensuring that we achieve the Product Innovation Strategic Growth Plans. Responsible for defining and maintaining a resource allocation model. The PMO manages our new product development funnel and gate reviews, maintains the documentation and enterprise metrics for executing projects and is responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Lead cross-functional, strategic projects for Supply Chain. Scope, plan and execute financial and quantitative analyses that will yield critical answers to the strategic questions at hand. Understand the required data sets to complete the analyses and procure them accordingly. Lead deep dives on select strategic initiatives to develop and test business cases.
- Create strategic storytelling: effectively communicate complex ideas, data points, and strategies to diverse audiences in a compelling, simple way that influences and inspires action (e.g., Quarterly Business Reviews, Town Halls, Global Goals Day presentations)
- Lead function wide Continuous Improvement to evaluate current state processes with value stream mapping to drive operational improvement and efficiencies through LEAN Engineering practices and managing a global team of LEAN Engineers.
- Manage a portfolio of test-and-learn initiatives for supply chain strategy; design tests, identify key metrics for success and interpret results to dynamically adjust the strategy.
- Maintain a holistic understanding of the business across all functions & geographies to maintain or evolve long-term strategies, to connect the dots across multiple strategies and time horizons.
- Conduct ongoing research, go-outside efforts and quantitative analyses to surface new opportunities for supply chain and the YETI brand; leverage internal / external data, professional networks and internal sources of functional knowledge to hone the quality of strategic choices.
- Establish an Analytics COE that will serve as a trusted analytics and insights partner. Provide supply chain data understanding and technology thought leadership for quality execution and timely delivery of ad hoc analysis, self-service analytics, and advanced analytics solutions, like predictive and prescriptive analytics. Develop and manage insightful analysis products and digital solutions to meet prioritized business needs.
- Participate and facilitate technology transformation for next level analytics and identify intelligent opportunities to unlock the value of data through generating insights that effectively guide the business.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA is preferred) and at least 12 years relevant and progressive experience, preferably in a top-tier management consulting firm or industry related role (focus on Consumer & Retail/Digital or Operations practices is preferred), in functions related to Supply Chain (e.g. supply chain strategy, business operations, sourcing, distribution, innovation, etc.)
- Ability to lead through influence and work with diverse counterparts across all levels of the organization
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships, and collaborate productively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Self-directed and proactive working style in which opportunities are identified and addressed prior to leadership direction
- Demonstrated skills to organize, direct and lead special projects with medium to large-sized teams
- Data-driven mindset, logical thinking and analytical rigor, with ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and form hypotheses against which to run analysis
- Strong financial acumen, with ability to articulate the financial impacts of strategic choices
- Test-and-learn attitude, ability to design fact and logic-based tests to inform critical uncertainties
- Creative and integrative thinking, combining out-of-the box thinking, ability to question the status quo and generally accepted beliefs, ability to integrate diverse facts and experiences to improve strategic decisions
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and demonstrated ability to achieve results in a hyper-dynamic, matrixed environment
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and high-level of emotional intelligence
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?