Vice President, Global Sourcing
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Vice President, Global Sourcing will oversee all aspects of spend across our global sourcing footprint including manufactured goods, raw materials, and indirect contract spend. This is a highly strategic role that will be involved in large scale projects across our product category portfolios and will be accountable for all spend across our global supply chain and indirect procurement partners. This role reports to the SVP, Supply Chain Operations and is viewed as a key thought partner and resource for leadership at YETI.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Strategic responsibility for spend and contracts across the entire YETI network including sourcing both finished goods and indirect sourcing including across our supply chain network
- Develop and set a multi-year supplier sourcing strategy that supports YETI’s overall growth and business objectives
- Lead a team of Sourcing leaders and professionals across our portfolio of Drinkware, Hardgoods, Softgoods, & indirect sourcing
- Develop robust global sourcing strategies to optimize YETI’s go-to-market approach for new and existing products
- Develop and manage sourcing strategies to ensure geographical balance and scale to support a high growth business.
- Serve as subject matter expert for competitive intelligence research on new technologies, capabilities, and materials and communicate out to the Product Development and Design Teams
- Carry out extensive supplier due diligence via research, on-site supplier evaluations, and overseeing rigorous YETI cross-functional supplier qualification process.
- Lead supplier selection to support YETI’s category vision, roadmap, and strategy
- Inspire, mentor, and cultivate teams to be excellent sourcing professionals and to deliver on business goals and objectives
- Responsible for overseeing and managing sourcing contract negotiations to ensure the most favorable terms and outcomes for YETI
- Execute commercial agreements and manage supplier relationships at the executive level
- Work closely with cross-functional business partners to design the supply chain for future scale
- Define and implement supplier performance and development strategies, evolving YETI’s global supply base to support category growth and manage risk
- Collaborate with key internal teams to further embed sustainable and responsible sourcing practices across the product lifecycle with YETI suppliers
- Support the advancement of YETI’s programs focused on fair, ethical, and sustainable supply chain management
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 15 years of sourcing experience with at least 10 years of leadership experience
- Must have current and existing supplier relationships that are applicable to our product categories
- Experience leading RFP processes across indirect sourcing needs including 3PL providers and international freight carriers
- Deep knowledge of identifying sourcing partners, manufacturing technology evaluation and industry best practices
- Demonstrated innovative thinking skills and ability synthesize large amounts of information to make well informed decisions that align with long term strategic objectives and short term KPI’s
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with external partners and knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated humility, willingness to listen and consider ideas from others, and pursue multiple paths to get to the best solution
- Demonstrated experience building teams, managing and elevating team performance, and identifying and developing talent to increase bench strength
- Excellent agility and problem-solving skills demonstrating the ability to work within the grey
- Strong executive presence skills including the ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams within a global and highly dynamic environment
- Ability to think at scale while operating in the now
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?