Senior Demand Planner
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Senior Demand Planner will be a part of the global demand planning team, responsible for building a best-in-class demand planning function necessary to accelerate YETI’s high growth business. This individual will have significant experience with global demand planning, necessary excel skills to manipulate large and disparate data sets, and experience navigating from a manual excel based planning processes to a more stable system-based process (SAP IBP). This individual will work cross-functionally to understand the needs of the business as well as create and maintain a forecast that aligns with YETI’s financial goals, while also helping shape the inventory and execution strategy to best balance supply and demand. Ideal candidates will have experience with highly seasonal business models as well as experience with constrained inventory management.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Utilize a variety of analytical and statistical forecasting methods to create accurate demand plans
- Identify key demand signal trends, provide business insight, and coordinate recommendations/actions
- Identify and understand critical risks and opportunities and the impact on planned demand
- Analyze historical performance and recent trends to provide assortment recommendations to accounts for new product launches and seasonal colors
- Responsible for communicating to all internal and external stakeholders in the demand planning process including supply planning, allocation, merchandising, finance, product development, and many other stakeholder teams
- Provide input and help develop demand strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Participate in the implementation of a new SAP IBP planning system to optimize planning accuracy and master data translations across teams
- Analyze and track weekly sell thru and inventory data to understand trends and opportunities
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Analytics, or related field
- At least 6 years of experience in Planning, Buying, Sales Operations, or Finance roles with experience planning and forecasting
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, sumifs, index/match, pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, Tableau preferred not required
- Experience navigating from manual excel based planning processes to ERP solutions preferred
- Attention to detail, strong business acumen, love digging into data and finding drivers to demand
- Combine curiosity with critical thinking and good judgment, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause
- Self-starter and persistent with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Is known for developing and delivering results on a timely basis
- Able to work in an ambiguous, fast-growing team-first environment
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?