Director, Supply Chain Solution Architect
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Director, Supply Chain (SCM) Solution Architect is a part of the Technology leadership team, responsible for defining, building and executing Technology services and operations that optimize service delivery and support business strategies across YETI. You'll be responsible for establishing internal service models, long-term roadmaps, and providing measurements of business value achievement along with operating efficiency for the SAP solution ecosystem.
The SCM Solution Architect is a Thought Leader in Supply Chain Management and collaborates with the Enterprise Architect and the internal business to develop and maintain a SCM Roadmap that incorporates Enterprise System and other technology capabilities. The SCM Solution Architect leads the planning and design of business-critical supply chain projects and programs, ensures the documentation of SCM processes, procedures and solution architecture artifacts, and collaborates with other Enterprise Systems (ES) teams (R2R, L2C, MD), technology teams, internal business teams, and external partners to successfully deliver robust functionality in a timely fashion. The SCM Solution Architect leads the ES Supply Chain Management Team and manages a team of YETI team members as well as external partner resources.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
Strategy and Enterprise Architecture
Qualifications and Attributes:
US Workplace Approach:
- Collaborates with the ES Architecture team and internal business to identify required business capabilities to support the business strategy
- Defines and visualizes the solution architecture that supports the business functions, capabilities and processes
- Creates the solution architecture design to meet functional and non-functional requirements of the business
- Core Supply Chain Management capability areas include Manufacturing, Procurement, Warehousing, Transport and Inventory
- Overseae and directs the work efforts of the SCM team member, both internal and external resources
- Coach and mentor each team member in developing their skills and experience; Support and guides team members along a career track to continuously improve performance; Provides regular feedback on performance and defines developments plans to support the continued progress in building individual capabilities.
- Collaborates across the ES team to help improve internal teaming, ways of working and practices that helps development of a high performing team
- Supports the ES Lead to develop workforce plans that continues to optimize the ES team capabilities and capacity to delivery to the business needs
- Finds ways to identify and prioritize issues or areas for improvement, shares findings with other teams and leaders, create action plans, gain broad support and takes action with the technology group internal processes to execute improvements
- Leads the gathering of requirements and opportunities, including facilitating workshops with multiple stakeholders, and formulates Solution Models that effectively communicate and translate technical concepts to the user community
- Performs detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provides solution architecture artifacts to align solution capabilities with the YETI enterprise architecture principles and delivery application capabilities to the business that enables successful execution of business transactions
- Develop work scope and request for proposal documentation as appropriate to full enable and incorporate Technology partners
- Leads the design of supply chain ES applications
- Leads the creation of all plan and design documentation and supports the development of all testing and support documentation
- Oversees and quality assures the configuration of all approved ES applications and collaborates with technical and integration subject matter experts on any integrations
- Oversees and quality assures the configuration of all approved ES applications
- Oversees and quality assures all supply chain process and system integrations with the ES integration lead
- Oversees and quality assures all supply chain master data in collaboration with the ES master data lead
- Provides full support to the ES Support team for any troubleshooting, incident resolution, enhancements, maintenance, and upgrades
Qualifications and Attributes:
- At least 12 years of hands-on experience working with Enterprise System technologies and specifically SAP technologies within Supply Chain Management in an enterprise environment
- At least 6 years of team leadership experience, managing both internal and external resources
- Familiarity and expertise with existing/future SAP tech stack/platforms: i.e. SAP S/4HANA, SAP SCM (Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain)
- Knowledge of Integrated Business Planning and Available to Promise highly desirable
- Proven track record of evolving an SAP landscape to deliver global business results
- Hands-on, practical experience with building end to end business process solutions leveraging SAP technology and applications
- Experience with cloud native solutions and architectures as well as cloud security principles
- Strong customer facing experience with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage/leverage 3rd parties to deliver on commitments/strategies
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate and team build across entities to achieve results
- High energy level and flexibility to meet a variety of demands while producing superior work products at accelerated pace
- A proven track record of success in a functional role supporting Sales & Distribution and Logistics Execution areas
- A proven track record of evolving and transforming solutions to support the organizations strategy
- A drive for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
- Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
See more open positions at YETI Coolers
Something looks off?