Senior Industrial Designer - Drinkware
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
As a member of the YETI Industrial Design Team, this successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of the YETI brand, a willingness to learn, and working knowledge of what it takes deliver great design. The Senior Industrial Designer - Drinkware will champion industrial design efforts of new YETI products through understanding consumer wants and needs, creative problem solving, and communicating their ideas with the larger organization. A high level of teamwork and collaboration is paramount to the success of our organization, “No One Succeeds Alone!“
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Lead industrial design efforts through all phases of the design and development process
- Analyze and translate consumer insights into tangible YETI design solutions
- Conceptualize compelling ways of providing new value and innovation for our customers and end users
- Develop competitive product evaluations and benchmarking
- Maintain and develop brand identity via the established YETI visual design language
- Guide design intent from initial concept through production
- Contribute to buildin the Design program through creation of global design and outdoor industry trend reports inspired by immersive experiences and/or independent research
- Influence studio design outcomes through mentoring junior staff and educating cross-functional partners
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design
- At least 6 years’ experience in industrial design and development of commercialized consumer products
- Ability to travel internationally ~1x per year
- Hard goods experience, with an emphasis on Human Factors and Ergonomics is a plus
- Engaging story telling ability through 2D sketching and 3D physical and virtual modeling
- Proficient in Solidworks 3D CAD modeling. Advanced surfacing and assembly a plus
- Rendering and animation skills; Key Shot preferred
- Advanced Adobe CS skills
- Rapid prototyping and finishing experience
- Strong communication, Storytelling, organization, presentation and collaboration skills
- Strong creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- A deep understanding of the product development process
- Experience working with global manufacturing partners
- A “never settle” attitude
- Personal interest and experience with outdoor pursuits is a huge plus
- Believes that working on the YETI Innovation Team is their dream job!
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?