At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Copywriter will report to the Creative Director in Austin, TX and will be responsible for playing a critical role in the strategy, ideation, and copywriting of YETI’s creative work. We are looking for a creative that can maneuver between conceptual, high-level thinking (i.e. the ability to come up with award-winning brand activations) and working executionally, creating compelling and well-written work that expands across all marketing channels. In addition, an ideal candidate will be able to operate solo, as well as in a team when paired with an Art Director.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of YETI’s branding, marketing, and advertising initiatives
- Brainstorm, concept, collaborate, comp, and present innovative creative marketing and advertising work that garner buy-in while netting measurable results
- Work in YETI’s in-house creative team to create strategic marketing assets for projects including, but not limited to, product packaging, digital marketing (email, web banners, digital experiences, social assets, etc.), retail displays, internal sales communication, video content
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts
- Be a steward of and maintain the YETI Brand in all creative created in-house.
- Must be a team player, able to work within budgets and tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Creative evolution – stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of experience in an advertising or in-house creative role
- Experience with consumer product brands is preferred
- Experience in both print and digital marketing/advertising
- Mastery of written communication, both short- and long-form
- Proven creative ability
- Strategic thinker with the ability to solve problems, even when they are not fully defined
- Ability to present and sell creative ideas
- A solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- An exceptional copywriting portfolio website
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Optimistic, energetic and possesses the ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to actively contribute to strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle different writing demands
- This job requires relocation to Austin, TX
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.