Manager, Innovation Operations
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Manager, Innovation Operations at YETI will oversee the test, prototyping and warehousing operation within the Austin based, Innovation Center. Primary duties will include overseeing the effective and safe operation of Innovation Center staff conducting test, machining, prototype development, equipment maintenance and warehousing operations within the facility. This role ensures the smooth operation of the Innovation Center, including management of priorities and productivity ensuring overall validation, testing and business objectives are met.
This individual will be responsible to implement an effective daily management process, ensuring resources are dedicated in accordance with YETI’s new product development timelines, and sustainment of existing product lines. The scope of coverage includes: an expansive test lab, metrology lab, metal shop, multiple CNC milling operations, various 3D printing technologies, wood shop, and soft goods development. This individual also partners with Validation Engineering to ensure all test instructions are clearly communicated and executed accurately by the Product Test Technicians. Regularly communicate test issues, delays or priority with management and stake holders of different projects.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Onsite
- Manage Product Test Technicians, Machinist/Prototype Manufacturers and Facility/Warehouse staff
- Oversees the daily workflow, assignments, and work schedules, ensuring the safe and efficient facility operation
- Oversees the product development test equipment
- Evaluates systems; makes recommendations for updating facility equipment, processes and procedures to increase efficiency and throughput
- Communicates any delays, problems, or output changes to proper stakeholders
- Analyzes testing requirements and workload to prepare project, schedules, and timetables
- Monitors project timelines ensures testing deadlines are met
- Ensures product testing continues until product requirements and specifications are met.
- Initiate and promote safety mindset by working with Facility team to organize storage, remove safety hazards and support equipment installation
- Evaluates and facilitates implementation of ongoing quality control testing procedures to be incorporated into the regular development process
- Tracks KPIs and team targets
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of supervisory and leadership experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Experience with development of complex workflow tracking tools (i.e. Smartsheets, Excel, PLM systems)
- Daily management and scheduling processes
- Previous experience with machining processes (CNC, Lathe, power tools, welding etc).
- Basic understanding of safe work practices in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with GD&T and Metrology principles a plus
- 3-D Printer management experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software beneficial (Solidworks preferred)
- Detailed experience with testing principles and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.