Part Time Floor Lead - Colorado Blvd (Pasadena, CA)
Pasadena, CA | Retail Team | Reports to the Pasadena Store Leader
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where do we need help?
We’ve sold a million shoes, launched three groundbreaking materials, and changed how people think about comfort, design, and retail. Now we’re taking the Allbirds in-store experience across the country and are looking for seasoned and impactful retail leaders to execute on that mission.
Who are we looking for?
The Floor Lead is the catalyst for bringing the Allbird's brand to life through an understanding of our culture and delivering an exceptional customer experience. As a Lead, you'll ensure exceptional in-store experiences through positive customer interactions. You will employ your natural problem solving and sales abilities to answer customer questions and make compelling product recommendations. You openly share your knowledge of products, your passion for the community and your efforts to protect the environment. You contribute to the success of the team through customer service, teamwork, merchandising, operations, events, and environmental activism.
What does the job entail?
Focuses on Delighting the Customer Provide all customers with a high quality and personalized in-store experience
- Successfully communicate with and serve a diverse range of customers with different needs.
- Be a product and fit expert
- Operate our point-of-sale system.
- Utilize and maintain CRM and customer database for outreach, product launches, and events to support and drive business
Builds Operational Excellence
- Maintain store appearance, cleanliness, and organization, requesting maintenance as needed.
- Uphold proper visual merchandising standards on the retail floor and windows.
- Monitor stock levels, fill shelves, and ensure all available product is visible on the floor.
- Delegate tasks to ambassadors to ensure productivity and that shift goals are met
- Takes initiative to share expertise with customers and teammates
- Work the backroom as necessary to pull sendbacks, rearrange stock, and transfers product as needed
- Ensures compliance to policies and procedures
Develops Team & Partnerships
- Fulfill Leader on Duty responsibilities ensuring brand standards through the selling experience and timely completion of tasks
- Giving timely feedback on the customer experience to impact the energy in the store and KPI results
- Ensure all team members understand the goals for their shift and support them in achieving them.
- Model honest and effective communication when delivering and receiving feedback.
- Promote a respectful and productive team culture by helping to de-escalate and resolve conflict when necessary.
- Leads by example through doing better things in a better way by living curiously, seeking simplicity, acting intentionally, and striving for better
- Coaches and encourages others to succeed by proactively offering expertise and assistance
- Builds trust with others by putting the team’s interests first
- Does better things in a better way by living curiously, seeking simplicity, acting intentionally, and striving for better
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time on the sales floor
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking, and store merchandising
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance duties: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean, dust, etc.
- Use of iPads, computers, POS devices
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 30 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders
- Depending on location, going up and down stairs
What might describe you:
- 2+ years of retail experience, fashion or footwear is a plus
- 1+ years of retail managerial experience
- Connection to Allbirds's mission, vision, and products
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Desire to learn and grow
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to work approximately 40 hours per week, including a minimum of one weekend day
What do we offer?
The Allbirds pay rate for the role is: USD $20.00 per hour
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other factors. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation.
Additional benefits for roles at Allbirds may include: paid time off, equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan with matching; medical, dental, and vision benefits; pre-tax savings, and wellness & lifestyle benefits.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans for employees and eligibile dependents.
- Medical plan options include: PPO, HDHP (100% premium paid for employees, employees only pay premium for dependents), and HMO (in California)
- 100% Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans.
- Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include: company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution (with immediate vesting and pre and post-tax options), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance for full time roles, short-term and long-term disability, pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses for both full and part-time roles, medical travel expense reimbursement program for full and part-time roles.
- Unlimited PTO for full-time corporate roles, sick and vacation time for other roles, plus parental leave (with a new parent bonus for full-time employees), volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free mental health benefit with coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
- Other Perks include: the company discount (50%) on most Allbirds products, discount mall through LifeBalance, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses (full-time employees) and cellphone and more for certain eligible roles.
Please apply with your resume. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.