Destination Ascendigo: Ascendigo’s mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives, and shattering expectations. We apply this mission to both the people we serve, such as our participants and clients, and the people with whom we serve, such as our co-workers and other stakeholders.
Ascendigo is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through therapeutic recreation, employment, community integration, education and an array of behavioral health services. We are headquartered in Carbondale, CO. Currently, Ascendigo employs more than 50 full- and part-time year-round staff members and approximately 30 additional employees during our seasonal summer camp programming.
The Ascendigo Promise to our employees is to provide meaning and purpose in the work we do and a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We support high performance through thoughtful on-boarding and training and acting with integrity. We offer 360° compensation with a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, and housing assistance.
Core Responsibilities: Work directly with the Chief Development Officer and senior staff, to manage all marketing and promotions of Ascendigo including standard and social/digital media campaigns, advertising, newsletters, contact databases, volunteer outreach and assisting with fundraising events. This is a great opportunity grow with a non-profit and to work with national autism advocacy organizations. This is a hybrid position but we need someone who lives in the area. There are work from home opportunities with this position.
- Manage implementation of marketing, public relations, and communications plan.
- Develop and manage marketing calendar and meet all deadlines.
- Manage marketing campaigns and initiatives (print and electronic), including writing copy, editing, layout and design, data management, and dissemination.
- Design and distribute all marketing materials, such as flyers, ads, brochures, invites, eblasts, save the dates, programs, etc. (some graphic experience necessary).
- Ensure that style guidelines and brand accuracy are maintained and adhered to in printed, electronic, and advertising materials, and manage trademarks, domains, and logo use.
- Maintain the integrity of the Ascendigo website and serve as point of contact with website vendors.
- Support overall video strategy- editing internal videos/content experience a plus and coordinating and planning for support on video projects.
- Coordinate and support third-party vendors as applicable (photographers, videographers, graphic designer, web administrator, media partners).
- Draft and manage weekly social media posts on all platforms and monitor effectiveness once posted.
- Manage Marketing distribution lists and maintain media contracts.
- Support all programs within the organization with regular check-ins.
- Maintain inventory of all marketing materials and support merchandise ordering and inventory for swag, donor recognition and community events.
- Support HR and recruitment efforts by updating job descriptions, managing employee headshots, ordering business cards, etc.
- Identify, plan, and implement new marketing campaign strategies that support fundraising, volunteer, recruitment, and overall organizational awareness.
- Work with Development team to support sponsor and donor fulfillment as it relates to marketing assets and media.
- Support Development team with fundraiser events and event materials to include event invitations, event email messages, event programs, event power points, and others.
- Manage community outreach events (autism walks, resource fairs, farmer's markets, etc.)
- Must be age 21 or over and have legal working status.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Must have a clean background check with no felonies or flags.
- Must provide a high level of attention to detail.
- Should have at least a high school diploma.
- Must have flexibility to travel for occasional professional development and resident activities.
- Applicants are required to have and use their own smart phone for work duties.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, social media) and extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom and/or Photoshop) is preferred.
- Video production and editing software (Adobe Premiere) experience a plus.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (up to 25 pounds)
Personal Characteristics: should be committed and passionate about the Ascendigo mission of a holistic, active, community-based, independent, and person-centered life. He/she should believe in the dignity and potential of our clients. We also have a commitment to a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which stands for:
- R-Recognize the inherent worth of your coworkers.
- E- Eliminate derogatory words and phrases.
- S- Speak with people- not at them- or about them.
- P-Protect the culture of your organization- report and support!
- E- Empathize- consider what it is like in others’ situations.
- C-Consider your impact on others before speaking and apologize when you make a mistake.
- T- Treat everyone with integrity, dignity, and respect.