Guru Field Representative - Cincinnati
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As a Brooks Guru, you will lead Brooks’ field support strategy in all distribution channels located within your respective territory to increase market share and sell-through at retail, amplify Brooks' product leadership, and build recognition, awareness, and loyalty for the brand.
*You will be required to live within 25 miles of the designated territory*
- Lead and manage the overall field support efforts for Brooks at both Specialty and Big Box accounts located within the territory
- At all accounts, support the Sales and Marketing teams with product launches, in-store merchandising, and creative grassroots programs
- Collaborate with Sales management and Marketing on the success of National Account sell-through programs/in-store promotions. All Gurus are accountable for an established sell-through goal for a pre-determined store base within their respective territory
- Educate and motivate the retail associates, runners, and relevant affiliates about Brooks technology and product leadership via brand/product clinics, drop-in visits, and events
- Represent Brooks at national (and selected local) running events and expos – including set-up, breakdown, distribution of collateral, interaction with consumers and product trial
- Complete weekly field notes with information about visits, clinics, and events, while also providing relevant product and competitor feedback
- Feature in product videos for YouTube, Myagi, educational platforms, and social media on an as-needed basis
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining a yearly product seeding and corporate card budget, completing expense reports monthly
- Maintain appearance and functionality of leased company vehicle and all Brooks equipment
- You must be willing to live within an agreed upon radius of the sales territory you support
- BA or BS degree in Marketing/Sales/Retail Management or equivalent combination of experience
- 1+ years Marketing/Sales/Retail experience required, 2+ years preferred
- Outdoor, Sports or Athletic industry experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of performance athletic footwear/sport bras/apparel/accessories and their related technologies
- Knowledge of the biomechanics of human motion and injury prevention basics highly preferred
- Basic knowledge of retail math, inventory management, product merchandising and retail selling skills
- Highly motivated with a hardworking attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills such as managing a calendar, contacts, and a budget
- Works well independently, as well as within a team
The pay range for this position, based out of the Cincinnati, Ohio, is $47,819 - $66,946 per year. Base pay offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. There is also a commission potential for this role.
Brooks is proud to offer a robust benefits package to our employees and their families!
Benefits- including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, HSA and employer contribution, FSA, family & fertility assistance, 401K Savings Plan and match, employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Paid Time Off- Brooks offers generous time off including three to five weeks of paid time off, eleven paid holidays, paid sick and parental leave.
Bonus- in addition to base pay, Brooks employees may also be offered an annual bonus based on company performance and a location allowance.
Perks- including product discounts, employee recognition, fitness discounts, volunteer and donation benefits.
Guru Benefits- including cellphone allowance, internet reimbursement, & storage reimbursement. Additionally, Brooks will provide you with a leased car, auto-insurance and a gas card to be used for business related travel.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.