Senior Manager, Digital Product Management
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As the Senior Manager of Digital Product Management, you will play an integral leading role under the guidance of the Director of Digital Products for the overarching Brooks Digital Product strategy. In close collaboration with Brooks stakeholders and business partners, you will bring a Runner-first philosophy and mindset to everything you do and every decision you make. You will lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team of Product Managers to apply thought leadership and product ownership to all Brooks’ digital products.
Informed by both a deep understanding of the Runner, a strong and proven technical acumen and the needs and concerns of Brooks business groups including eCommerce, Emerging Business & Strategic Initiatives, Runner Experience (Customer Support), Digital Marketing, and Footwear & Apparel Product teams, you will partner with business leaders and stakeholders to create a frictionless experience for the runner in their journey to find the right gear, tools and experiences on their path to their better self.
The Senior Manager of Digital Product Management will be a seasoned people-leader, an exceptional communicator, and a skilled collaborator working closely with Brooks’ leadership, stakeholders, business partners, direct-reports, and cross-functional counterparts to make decisions and recommendations for product strategies that are linked to business strategies and financial goals and reflect awareness of the market context. You and the team that you lead will serve as important representatives for longer-term business plans and continued investment. You will bring a proven track record of building rapport and trust with leaders, stakeholders, and business partners so you and your team can effectively advocate for their digital needs and represent them in the Digital Products prioritization and road-mapping processes. You will be a master of road mapping and prioritization activities in an agile, continuous-prioritization, continuous-improvement, and continuous-delivery environment.
NOTE: This is a Seattle-based role.
- Craft a clear and compelling digital product strategy and own and refine the prioritization process in collaboration with stakeholders to bring the digital product vision to reality
- Take ownership over all digital products and drive value for the Brooks business by forming and optimizing all digital roadmaps
- Take a hands-on approach to high-profile objectives and lead by example with ideation, business case creation, MVP vs Full Product, and other key tasks, deliverables, and decisions through an established Product Development Lifecycle
- Lead your team to create compelling and accurate business cases that add to the Digital portfolio of products and enhance existing digital products
- Partner closely with the User Experience team on leveraging research and user testing to inform ideation and product development
- Work closely with the Brooks’ data and analytics teams to bring data into ideation and decision-making activities
- Lead a team of high-performing Digital Product Managers and support the career development of direct-reports to ensure job satisfaction and retention
- Leverage the Brooks’ Digital Product RACI to set clear responsibilities for your team
- Improve and refine the Brooks’ Digital Product RACI as a living document in conjunction with peers, stakeholders, and business partners to continuously improve the holistic Digital Products development and delivery cycle
- Work closely with Brooks’ Human Resources to attract and retain top talent, build digital capabilities across the company, and identify and develop bench strength
- Lead and participate in executive-level Steering Committee meetings to provide progress updates, escalate issues, and drive decisions for a senior level group
- BA or BS degree in business, computer science, information systems, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in product management
- 7+ years of experience in customer-facing digital environments, such as ecommerce, software development (web or mobile), or digital channel management
- 5+ years of managing a team of product managers and product owners
- Be a knowledgeable expert on the user, the Brooks Runner
- Be skilled with various data tools and considered by the product team and stakeholders as an acknowledged expert in how the product is used by Runners
- Be knowledgeable about the industry and domain and understand the competitive landscape and the relevant industry trends
- Understand the various dimensions of the Brooks business, including marketing, sales, finance (both revenue and costs), services, legal, compliance, privacy, etc.
- Understand stakeholder’s concerns and constraints
- Be an acknowledged expert on how all digital products work and be able to effectively demo to a prospective customer, train a new customer on how to successfully use the product, and handle live customer support inquiries
- Experience utilizing multiple SDLC methodologies such Kanban, Lean, Waterfall, agile, etc.
- Strong skills in managing and working collaboratively with diverse work streams and cross functional teams to identify viable digital product investments for new and existing products
- Ability to think and plan strategically, coupled with a willingness to dive in and own the details of execution
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Great team member: within the team, and ability to build bridges with adjacent teams
- Creativity and passion for running, fitness, and inspiring people to run and be active
- Experience working globally
Compensation: The pay range for this position, based out of the Brooks Seattle HQ, is $142,253 - $227,605 per year. Base pay offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Brooks is proud to offer a robust benefits package to our employees and their families!
Benefits- including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, HSA and employer contribution, FSA, family & fertility assistance, 401K Savings Plan and match, employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Paid Time Off- Brooks offers generous time off including three to five weeks of paid time off, eleven paid holidays, paid sick and parental leave.
Bonus- in addition to base pay, Brooks employees may also be offered an annual bonus based on company performance.
Perks- including product discounts, employee recognition, fitness discounts, volunteer and donation benefits.
Location- You will spend 3 to 4 days per week in our Seattle offices, depending on your role, as we believe our organization flourishes when connections, collaboration, creativity, problem-solving, and celebrations happen in person.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.