Senior Systems Analyst - Supply Chain Solutions
Whitestown, IN, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives, and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity, and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks, and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun, and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There’s No “I” In Run, and Keep Moving. If you’re on our team, it means your part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Senior IT Systems Analyst - Supply Chain Solutions, your primary focus will be to deliver and manage solutions that are central for the execution of key Supply Chain processes in the areas of Logistics, Warehouse Management, Order Fulfillment and Distribution, including Reverse Logistics/Returns processing in our Distribution Center in Whitestown, IN as well as our 3PL partner in Columbus, OH. You will work with software vendors for WMS (Warehouse Management System), WCS (Warehouse Control System), Logistics & 3PL service providers such as FedEx, DHL, etc. to drive delivery on the roadmap items for this part of our business. You will have working knowledge of systems such as the OMS, RMS & ERP and how they integrate with the WMS/ 3PL systems to enable execution of various business processes in the above-mentioned areas.
You will partner other IT Teams such as Digital Products, Data & Analytics, Engineering and Operations as well as business teams responsible for warehouse operations at our facility as well as 3PL partners, logistics and customer service to ensure solution delivery and consistent availability of business functionality, and effective communications between systems.
This role adopts and promotes IT best practices to ensure adequate change control over their production environments. Paramount responsibility is ensuring that customer facing transactions are processed efficiently and effectively.
- Solution/Project Delivery:
- Serve as a Warehouse Management System (WMS) / 3PL expert and an over-arching expert on “Supply Chain Management” solutions which may span across ERP, OMS, RMS and other applications in addition to the WMS, demonstrating subject matter expertise on the solution including any integrations that may be a part of the solution
- Work with internal and external stakeholders, to develop the 'best-fit' customer use cases across multiple enterprise systems (WMS, ERP, RMS and/or OMS, etc.)
- Own the creation of business requirements and functional design specifications while identifying gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options
- Conduct functional requirement and solutioning sessions, document current and to-be process and systems flows and create detailed functional and technical documentation to support technology teams
- Generate solution options and evaluation criteria to facilitate decision-making for final solution design
- Collaborate with a team of developers, architects, and analysts (internal & external) in delivering business requirements, technical requirements, and testing for the implemented functionalities, while working closely with the business throughout the project to ensure solution meets business needs
- Facilitate solution design and discovery sessions between the WMS software vendor/SI with the internal Brooks technology teams on projects
- Own the implementation of projects, configuration of the order management system, quality assurance validation from creation and execution of test plans, cases, and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identify defects and work to a resolution with the technology and business teams
- Service Delivery Goals (Operational Functional Support) and Product Management:
- Business Operations – At all times, demonstrate and act with a deep understanding of DC/3PL and larger business operations and cadence, when ensuring availability of systems/solution for optimal daily operations and project execution, ensuring all processes related to solutions in your area can be executed efficiently, accurately, and quickly within our systems, exceeding customer expectations on speed and transparency
- ERP & Order Management – Outbound order processing in the DCs/3PLs involves solutions that leverage OMS, ERP, etc. while providing expertise on functions that are part of Supply Chain solutions and are carried out in the OMS, ERP or RMS, ensuring that orders are processed efficiently, accurately, and quickly within our systems, exceeding customer expectations on speed and transparency
- Inventory Management – Ensure that inventory information in the WMS is accurate and flows to the ERP in a timely manner, supporting the business teams in keeping the Inventory position in the WMS clean
- Fulfillment and Warehouse Management – A combination of our DC and 3rd parties is leveraged for warehouse fulfillment and the handoff from Brooks’ systems to external partners is critical, utilizing your knowledge of supply chain processes to monitor processing throughout the supply chain for systems performance and order routing efficiency
- EDI Onboarding: Work with the Customer Service (REx/Runner Experience) EDI analyst to maintain the EDI onboarding roadmap and execute on onboarding tasks, supporting with vendor compliance requirements that require updates in the WMS such as labels, packing slips, packaging, and VAS processing, etc.
- Mentor business and technology team members on the WMS and business processes in the context of the processes
- Work with vendors to ensure that periodic business reviews are happening to keep a pulse on service delivery and upcoming project/enhancement milestones
- Product Manager for the WMS/Distribution Systems, including Interfaces with 3PL providers:
- Own and maintain an initiatives/enhancements roadmap to ensure, enhance and scale the Warehouse Management & 3PL systems functionalities as well as delivery of new features and strategic initiatives, in context of the systems you manage and support
- Jointly own with Softeon and DHL, the delivery roadmap for enhancements, break-fixes, patches, updates, and upgrades, following an agile delivery methodology where possible
- Work with Softeon and any other technology vendors to estimate initiatives and provide input into the Initiative and PPM Approval processes
- Regularly review technology innovation from our WMS/Distribution Center systems vendors and maintain an enhancement backlog
- Production Support:
- Manage/work with the WMS and 3PL support vendor perform root cause analysis on production support issues and drive necessary remediation of defects, coordinating resolutions on serious incidents and extraordinary requirements while following incident communication process thereby ensuring response and resolution SLAs are appropriately managed, based on the severity of the incident
- Perform ongoing application monitoring and escalate issues to vendor or internal resources appropriately
- Actively seek opportunities to reduce support incidents and manual work through technology and provide recommendations to IT leadership to enhance our current capability and processes
- Develop, utilize, and enhance technical documentation, knowledge bases, and disaster recovery plans
- 7 years of experience with applications and technologies leveraged for customer order management and fulfillment in CPG/FMCG industry for Fashion or Sporting Goods product including:
- 5 years’ experience in analyzing, designing, configuring, and implementing complex applications and integrating vendor packages with an industry standard WMS such as Manhattan, Softeon, etc., in an Architect, Design Lead, or Systems Analyst role; Hands on experience with WMS releases over last 2 years
- Experience with an ERP and OMS applications, preferably in a Consumer Goods Industry
- Experience with RFID technology as well as other 2D coding such as QR coding, etc.
- Proven track record working with and supporting strategic engagements to the stakeholders, executives, and decision-makers
- Experience with owning and delivering on a solution and initiatives roadmap; creating product/feature strategies in alignment with business strategy, defining ROI, and delivering tangible value to an eCommerce customer
- Proven Configuration/Administrator level knowledge using WMS Management components such as PO & Inventory management, Order Waving, Fulfillment & Shipping functions, Distributed Order Management and Reverse Logistics; experience delivering end-to-end multi-channel order fulfillment solutions
- Leading technical discussions with business and technical decision makers, including detailed technical specifications, product roadmaps, deployment, and third-party integrations
- Experience writing technical specifications for order management extensions and interfaces to ensure proper functionality and integration with other systems
- Strong working knowledge with integrating the WMS/3PL with other functional applications (i.e., ERP, OMS, RMS, EDI, Address validation, PIM, etc.) using API's, related interfaces, and configuration.
- Must understand APIs and modern technology architecture, Understanding of JS/JSON/CSS/XML and ability to map application data in the interface documents
- Strong SQL and data mining skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to distinguish technology problems from people or process problems
- Excellent organization and work management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal collaboration skills; Ability to engage business and extract requirements that may or may not be stated directly. customer service orientation and experience in business-related interactions
- Dependable and reliable; available to provide after-hours support as needed
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Brooks locations and 3PLs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Strong understanding of Warehouse Management and other systems such as Slotting Systems, Warehouse Control Systems
- Ability to support highly complex engagements, across multiple sites and in coordination
- Experience working with Warehouse Management solutions with cloud implementations (SaaS model)
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Systems Analyst or Solution Architect experience working with WMS such as Manhattan, Softeon, High Jump, etc.
- Familiarity with integration middleware and extensibility technologies
- Knowledge of JIRA, ServiceNow and ITIL practices and principles
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.