Distribution Center Lead-2nd Shift-Quiet Kat
CamelBak Products LLC
Our Olathe, KS location is seeking a Lead for Quiet Kat Operations to add to our team. The Quiet Kat Lead position oversees the work of a group of three employees picking, packing and shipping out Quiet Kat Bikes and accessories. This position is responsible for the Quiet Kat operations and various aspects of the processing and receiving, fulfillment, shipping of product and inventory control. Responsible for daily production and inventory control activities leading to valid inventory records, utilizing NetSuite and Ship Hawk computer systems. Responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities that will increase distribution work-in-process inventory accuracy that will lead to higher distribution efficiencies. This position will report Directly to the Quiet Kat Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years post high school education or equivalent experience in a distribution related field.
- Strong PC/Distribution system related skills including the ability to create and format reports, forms, and spreadsheets. (Excel, Word, Query functions, Outlook)
- Solid knowledge of computers and operating systems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attitude/behavior demonstrated toward continuous improvement.
- Numerical aptitude
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in a fast-paced distribution center with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading associates/employees.
- Ability to lead employees, be able to have appropriate sit-down discussions when employees/associates are not meeting standards/metrics.
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to any additional duties as directed by Quiet Kat Supervisor or any member of Management.
- Works closely with Quiet Kat Supervisor on the management of the daily workload of Quiet Kat and ensure timely shipping of all orders.
- Provides guidance and training to Quiet Kat personnel to prevent inventory errors. Identifies and coordinates activities among distribution, materials, and Quiet Kat Team to identify and implement processes that will lead to improved inventory accuracy.
- Ensure accuracy of MRP and SCS planning and inventory data by performing cycle counting as defined by Quiet Kat Supervisor and Quiet Kat Team (Eagle).
- Conduct appropriate inventory record research where inventory discrepancies exist. Work with Quiet Kat Team (Eagle) to make any necessary adjustments to inventory.
- Define causes of errors, reconcile records, publish results, and actively pursue/participate in getting the causes of inventory errors resolved.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Quiet Kat process improvement and system enhancements impacting receiving, picking, packing and shipping of all Quiet Kat Bikes and accessories.
- Review all new product introductions and coordinate with Quiet Kat Team on location placements of new product or accessories.
- Provide daily status report of all Quiet Kat Shipments.
- Prepare and provide daily handoff report to the 2nd Shift Quiet Kat Team outlining priorities and workload for the evening.
- Track and provide number of hours worked on Quiet Kat daily to the Quiet Kat Supervisor.
- Monitor and track all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the entire Quiet Kat operation and make recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Must be able to Stand for 8 hours and be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Must be able to read and speak English fluently and articulate priorities to Quiet Kat team daily.
- Perform daily data activities including Inventory transactions (i.e. scrap, production, and substitutions), work order maintenance, flow tag and routing maintenance, and investigate material shortages and provide findings to Quiet Kat Supervisor and QK Team (Eagle)..
- Coordinate physical inventory activities with Quiet Kat Supervisor. Other inventory management duties as required.
Physical Requirements: Standing and walking in the Distribution Center 90% of the time. Lifting and carrying boxes up to 100lbs. Manual dexterity for operating a personal computer keyboard.
- Strong knowledge in inventory control routines and general understanding of scheduling routines.
- Excellent analytical and conceptualization skills.
- Problem solving, reasoning, and attention to detail for organizing resources.
- Written communication skills for memos and reports.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
- Flexibility and ability to change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Equipment Used: Stand up/ Sit down Forklift. Computer, NetSuite Terminal, Ship Hawk Computer system, RF Smart scanner, and weigh scale.
Working Environment: 100% of the time is spent in the Distribution Center. This exposure subject’s incumbent to temperature changes, dirt, dust, noise, vibration, moving objects and mechanical parts.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems (i.e., MRP, inventory control).
- Product familiarity including strong bill of materials knowledge
- Understanding of distribution/material flow
- Exceptional experience in Microsoft Excel’, AS400/BOSS and NetSuite.
- Normal hours of operations are 3:30pm- 12am, Monday through Friday, with possible Over Time (OT).
$500 Sign-on Bonus
Pay Range:$21.73 - $30.58
The actual annual salary offered to a candidate will be based on variables including experience, geographic location, education, and skills/achievements, and will be mutually agreed upon at the time of offer.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled