Preservation and Trades Program Manager
Preservation and Trades Program Manager
Title: Preservation and Trades Program Manager
Starting Salary Range: $55,300 - $57,000
The annual starting salary range for this position will be in the $55,300 -$57,000 range, depending on experience, education, and skills relevant to the position. Please note that the indicated starting salary range describes the range for an incumbent in this position. Most new staff generally start at the beginning of the range percentile to ensure internal salary equity.
Location: Beckley WV; hybrid remote two days a week
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off per Personnel Policies
Reports to: Program Director, Stewards East
Conservation Legacy is a nationwide non-profit. The Corps programs within the organization engage participants in diverse conservation and community projects that serve public and private lands. These projects provide opportunities for personal and professional development and strive toward a high priority of needs for public land managers and community partners. Through the mission of engaging future leaders who protect, restore and enhance our nation’s lands through community-based service; Conservation Legacy works toward a world with healthy lands, air, and water; thriving people and resilient communities.
Stewards Individual Placements, East (STE), a program of Conservation Legacy, places individual placements across the nation in projects that build capacity, improve access to natural resources, develop and support innovative solutions, develop opportunities for service and economic development, and empower leaders. The Stewards program is supported by two main National Service programs: AmeriCorps VISTA and AmeriCorps State and National. Stewards Members work with multiple partners to create highly impactful national service projects that fulfill our mission.
Stewards Individual Placements (STE), a program of Conservation Legacy, supports individual placements across the nation in projects that build capacity, improve access to natural resources, develop and support innovative solutions, develop opportunities for service and economic development, and empower leaders. The Preservation & Trades Program is a signature intern placement program with HPTC and Stewards. The vision of the partnership is to operationalize historic preservation and traditional trades programming as a signature program for Stewards. Working with leadership at HPTC and within Stewards, the Program Manager is a member of the Stewards Individual Placements Program and is responsible for general operations, member management, community partnerships, and emerging opportunities associated with the National Parks Service(NPS) Historic Preservation Training Center (HPTC) and working to identify Workforce development strategies that can be utilized across the Stewards Program. This is a dynamic multi-faceted position that will:
- Supervise and direct the work of the Preservation and Trades Program Coordinator
- Direct all assigned intern placement sites in finalizing site host applications and work plans for Stewards HPTC Traditional Trades members which serve with park units across the country.
- Oversee the recruitment and relocation of members serving with the Historic Stewards Program based out of Frederick Maryland.
- Engage with local trade schools to recruit students to serve as Historic Stewards members.
- Developing support and programming for the five (5) program models under our HPTC Program: Traditional Trades and Advancement Program (TTAP), Historic Stewards, Maintenance Action Team (MAT), Build Up Rigorous Intern Program, and Wastewater Apprenticeship
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
Leadership and Program Management
- Maintain an asset map of known and unknown partnerships within the current industry for recruitment and training opportunities.
- Support Conservation Legacy HR department in researching state-wide Department of Labor standards, providing information for hourly rates and paid time off policies as they pertain to the states where members will serve-develop and update the database for reference.
- Oversee all onboarding processes and updates as needed for Enrollment Team to support the onboarding of members-hourly or AmeriCorps.
- Provide regular updates to Corps leadership and partners, incorporating feedback from Conservation Legacy key stakeholders.
- Develop and oversees plans and goals for member orientation, training, and graduations; support member and site issues as they arise with support from the Program Director / Corps Director
- Review project plans and applications to host Stewards or crews.
- Supports assigned program coordinator in member management processes.
- Ensure administrative responsibilities are compliant, timely, and accurate; including, but not limited to, AmeriCorps and Conservation Legacy compliance requirement, general participant outreach, timesheets, payroll, and internal staff communication regarding policy and procedures.
- Ensure Salesforce compliance in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Ensure that Workers' Compensation and liability documentation and member benefits are correct and filed promptly with Conservation Legacy.
- Manage program/project budget and request invoices and other payments/support as needed.
- Support Stewards’ DEI-A recruitment goals for the program; ensure that all host sites have been briefed on DEI-A strategies.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Development and Community Engagement
- Develop and implement a workforce development program model that includes training, wrap-around services for members, and resume support.
- Develop member engagement strategies for the Preservation and Trades member
- Operate as a consistent spokesperson and promoter for corps programming, both internally and externally.
- Create and deliver executive-level presentations for small groups and large conferences, potential partners, and funders.
- Cultivates and manages project partners and supporters.
- Develop partner communication objectives, including marketing, press, branding, and social media.
- Ensure all materials meet branding and communication standards required by AmeriCorps, Conservation Legacy, and Stewards, as well as any community partners requirements contained in agreements.
- Organize and/or attend community events in support of corps programming.
- Foster innovative program models and partnerships for West Virginia to further the mission of our organization and align with our strategic goals.
- Research public and private grant funding opportunities to promote and support workforce development.
- Assist local and regional leadership in grant reporting and writing activities
- Maintains agreement budget and reporting as outlined in agreements.
- Successfully engages, leads, and supports an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented populations within the organization and the communities we serve.
- Serves as a member of the Stewards Leadership Team which guides and directs the strategic plan for Stewards, participates in the planning and execution of the staff retreat(s); hiring staff and supporting the Corps Director’s goals.
- Leads and/or participates in organizational-wide teams, projects, and initiatives that support the work of the Strategic Plans goals.
Conservation Legacy is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to perform essential job functions. Some positions may require periodic overnight travel, non-traditional work hours and physical ability to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or use tools/equipment on an infrequent or frequent basis. Ability to safely drive an organizational vehicle may also be required for some positions. Disclosure of needs are encouraged to be made upon job offer and throughout employment at Conservation Legacy.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred: Business Administration, Preservation and Trades
- Highly organized, self-directed, and capable of creating organizational systems that others easily utilize.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and applications, or similar platforms.
- Previous experience with using common office equipment and training others in general office technology.
- Comfort multitasking and handling multiple requests from different individuals and teams.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment with variable scheduling and frequent problem-solving.
- The ability to communicate professionally both internally and externally with stakeholders a variety of virtual and job site settings.
- Able to pass Conservation Legacy’s criminal history checks.
- Valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a variety of populations, including those underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC communities.
Other Competencies Desired for this Position’s Success:
- Manage Complexity, be Resourceful, Effectively Communicate, Cultivate Innovation, Drive and/or Influence Results, Plans & Aligns.
1. Send Cover Letter and Resume to Autumn Lilly at email@example.com
2. Cover letter must include:
- Subject line includes "Applicant_(Your Name)"
- Cover Letter must include a response to the following: "Provide some examples of your experience effectively working with diverse communities, including those specific to Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and other underrepresented populations, in personal or professional context."
Conservation Legacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, political affiliation, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.