Supervisor - System and Database Administration
Jefferson County, Colorado
People & HR, Operations
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
The Database and System Administrator Supervisor is responsible for managing, controlling, and coordinating the systems administration services team and its servers, storage devices, operating systems. Responsible for all functions associated with the efficient management and administration of computerized databases. Design solutions to meet current and future storage needs at the highest value solution. Forecast short and long-term data needs. Apply ByContinuous DivisionSheriff Support Services Division Management LevelSupervisor - 1st Line Scheduled Weekly Hours40 Benefit EligibilityThis position is eligible for Standard Benefits which includes dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, and tuition reimbursement. Description********SALARY FOR THIS POSITION STARTS AT $126,244.13********
- Interface with customers, vendors and management to plan, maintain and resolve issues with services, systems and databases. Determine root issues. Resolve or coordinate resolution of issues with appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate team activities with other IT Services management and teams. Frequently lead activities with other management and teams in IT Services.
- Determine the most cost-effective systems and database equipment, and software and management tools for the organization. Keep current on evolving needs and technologies. Seek competitive bids and evaluate suppliers.
- Perform capacity reviews and plans for systems hardware, software, databases and storage. Anticipate changes in demand. Track current capacities. Propose changes in capacity to meet demand while minimizing costs.
- Ensure the performance and reliability of all production equipment. Create maintenance processes and procedures to ensure reliable operation.
- Create strategic and tactical plans for systems administration and database management. Ensure alignment with County and Departmental strategic and tactical needs. Create a roadmap for implementation.
- Ensure compliance with established policies, processes and procedures. Create metrics to determine team performance. Create process improvements and create new processes as needed. Determine appropriate metrics and identify and prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Create status and other reports as needed for management reviews.
- Supervises staff in area of responsibility. Administers and makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, granting leave, appraisals, and taking corrective action. Conducts performance evaluations and communicates short- and long-term goals and objectives. Submits personnel records and reports as required by the County. Assists and advises subordinates as necessary, resolves problems as non-routine situations arise, and ensures adherence to established policies, procedures and standards. Communicates changes in policy and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.