Library Page (Benefitted Part-Time) - Belmar Library
Jefferson County, Colorado
Lakewood, CO, USA
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
This position creates a positive experience for Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) patrons by shelving, transporting and retrieving materials. Ensures that library patrons are provided with materials in a timely manner. Spot checks books and materials for needed repairs and identifies worn or damaged items for withdrawal/replacement decisions. Answers patron questions about using library resources and locating library materials. Assists with questions and/or problems regarding the circulation of materials, charging and discharging materials. This position also determines the status of overdue materials and takes appropriate action. The page also shelves, processes materials, processes reports; sorts and handles library materials. Employee needs to have the ability to use basic workplace technology including emails, internet and automated software. May also be responsible for answering the telephone, typing, performing data entry and filing.This position is scheduled 20 hours per week and eligible to pick up additional shifts upon availability at their discretion.This is a benefitted position. Apply By09/14/23 DivisionLibrary Division Management LevelIndividual Contributor Scheduled Weekly Hours20 Benefit EligibilityThis position is eligible for Standard Benefits which includes dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, and tuition reimbursement. DescriptionHourly Wage - $14.07 per hour.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Participates in tasks such as creating high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs. Creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons. Instructs patrons in use of self-check-out machines and regularly uses the automatic material handling systems. Processes materials including but not limited to checking library materials in/out. Processes holds and routes materials to other locations as needed. Performs basic author/title and informational searches. Prepares items to be shelved or repaired etc. Maintains records, processes materials form report and assists with various equipment. Along with Operations or supervisor determines status of damaged materials. Maintains a variety of computer and tangible files and generates requests as needed for daily maintenance of library. computers.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Answers in-person inquiries, helps patrons locate needed materials and refers patron to other appropriate assistance. Ensures adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards. Notifies operations or other supervisor(s) of problems as non-routine situations arise. Uses library computer systems & automated equipment. Submits records and reports as required by library management.
- MERCHANDISING: Participates in the design/creation of displays and informational/directional aids. Ensures access to all materials both physical and digital. Assists with the general appearance and safety of the location.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Builds and maintains current knowledge of the library profession by utilizing electronic and physical resources. Stays current on new trends and technologies by participating in trainings and other development activities. Participates in staff and division meetings. May participate on committees and/or task forces as assigned. Suggests best practices and procedures for pages. May assist in coordinating the work of volunteers. Keeps current on library policies and procedures relevant to division and library as a whole. Monitors adherence to Library policies procedure and/or communicates polices to patrons as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.