App Developer Intern
Join us. Do Work that Matters!
MobilizeGreen seeks a motivated, self-driven paid App Developer Intern familiar working with no-code platforms such as Bubble.io, Webflow and/or ApplePie, and who is able to work independently on an app project. As a MobilizeGreen intern, you will have developmental experience with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience, enhance your skills, and work on real-world of no-code and low-code development app projects. Figma design experience preferred.
Communities of color disproportionately bear environmental burdens. Without leaders who share the values of those communities, their challenges will remain. Only 12% of environmental leaders are people of color, meaning that those who are the most affected by climate change will have the least say in the solution. MobilizeGreen develops leaders who share the values of the communities most impacted by climate change. By removing barriers and creating access to career pathways, MobilizeGreen connects young adults of color with leadership opportunities through partners working to solve environmental issues.
MobilizeGreen is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit that empowers diverse young people to create a more just and equitable planet. Through hands-on learning opportunities, professional development, and engagement programs, MobilizeGreen partners with corporations, government agencies, and nonprofits. We help young people launch their career, provide access to hands-on work experience, soft skills training, and professional development, and help partners get work done through a variety of high school, college, and emerging leader programs. MobilizeGreen’s mission is to jumpstart green careers for young people while advancing environmental equity in communities. MobilizeGreen is based in Washington, DC. and operates nationally.
MobilizeGreen is an organization committed to diversity. Women, people of color, indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, military veterans, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are encouraged to apply.
Location: 1200 18th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036; in-person preferred with remote possibility
- $17 - $25 per hour, depending on skill level
- Hands-on learning and developmental training experience
- Mentorship for career and professional development
- Ability to receive class credit is possible
- Help design quality workflows using no-code applications.
- Evaluate and manage existing software & no-code applications
- Design and enhance app logic.
- Increase back-end capacity with plugins and API connections.
- Developing, testing, and deploying features using the platform.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Providing suggestions for process and product improvements.
- Actively participating in team meetings and contributing innovative ideas.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-6 months of experience in building innovative no/low-code applications.
- Figma design experience preferred.
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
- Short course or corresponding experience with front end development language (HTML, CSS, JAVA script).
- Self-motivated, extremely organized, and comfortable with developing and building relationships.
- Commitment to teamwork, good interpersonal skills, can-do positive attitude, and professional etiquette.
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
For more information regarding MobilizeGreen, go to: www.mobilizegreen.org