Shop Mechanic Bike and Snow
REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
Our team seeks a Bike and Ski Shop Mechanic to create a better outdoor experience by offering knowledge, giving recommendations, and engaging with customers daily. You are a vital member of the retail store Shop team. As a Bike and Ski Shop Mechanic, you assemble REI equipment daily. In addition to executing shop services, you give exceptional customer service in the shop and on the sales floor. You contribute to REI's success by servicing and repairing bikes and/or snow sports equipment to industry standards. This job may include working in the rental department. Are you ready to discover better with us?
Responsibilities and Qualifications
How you will be successful:
- Assess customer needs and aid in transactions.
- Engage in REI's Sales and Service Training and promote REI goods and services.
- Maintain equipment, and ensure a clean, secure, and safe work environment.
- Produce quality work that meets and exceeds industry standards.
- Report quality and safety issues to the shop managers.
- Follow REI loss prevention and safety procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
Additional duties as assigned.
Bring your passionate, authentic self.
You live and breathe REI tools and equipment. You're a builder. You're a safety maven. Customers consult Bike and Ski Shop Mechanics to confirm that their equipment is fitted correctly and maintained. Thanks to your knowledge of REI products and services, you'll stay ahead of the trends and share that knowledge with customers. Join us in seeking, creating, and building new ways to work.
- Enjoys communicating and building relationships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Bike and snow sports equipment assembly experience (preferred).
- Demonstrates technical skills and proficiency.
- Completes required training/certifications.
- Sets practical goals and establishes priorities to achieve business goals.
- Organizes and uses resources to meet deadlines and communicates about plans and progress.
- Ability to transfer 40 pounds.
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$18.30 - $20.35 per hour