Senior Store Operations Specialist
We are opening a new REI store in Beavercreek, OH, and we want you! This is a Full-Time position, starting at $19.90 - $23.40 per hour!
REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
Our team seeks a Sr. Operations Specialist to guide the store to operational excellence. This administrative role is the store's "Swiss Army Knife.” You help us create better outdoor experiences by sharing knowledge, giving recommendations, and engaging with customers every day. You support the store management team and conduct daily office duties. You live and breathe the REI culture and promote the REI brand. You are a superstar organizer and love jumping in to solve any problem. You embrace ambiguity! Ready to discover better with us?
Responsibilities and Qualifications
How you'll be successful:
- Able to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends)
- Reviews and reconciles operational business expenses.
- Mentors and supports operations and sales staff as needs.
- Manages office supply inventory within in assigned budget.
- Helps with the hiring, processes HR documentation, maintains store files.
- Coordinates the Safety Committee, Product Quality issues, and Loss Prevention standards.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bring your passionate, authentic self
We lead with our values, and we are creating a culture that inspires and enables everyone to bring their whole self and their highest ambitions to work every day, so that we can achieve more outside together. Join us in seeking, creating, and building new ways to work.
- Experience in a retail or office environment (preferred)
- Enjoys communicating and building relationships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Open to feedback and other viewpoints in the spirit of supporting the business.
- Uses business understanding, innovative thinking, and sound judgment to solve problems.
- Makes solid recommendations by combining information from various sources.
- Produces quality work by setting effective goals and establishing priorities.
- Organizes and uses resources to meet deadlines, keeps others in the loop about plans and progress.
- Engages and influences others to accomplish worthwhile organizational goals.
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$19.90 - $23.40 per hour