REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
The Operations Supervisor is a key member of the Store Management Team. Operations Supervisors hold responsibilities such as opening and closing the store, directly supervising employee tasks and projects and assists the Store Manager with a variety of operational and administrative tasks
Responsibilities and Qualifications
How you'll be successful:
- Able to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends)
- Trains and supports operations and sales staff.
- Provides daily direction, supervision and coaching to sales staff
- Ensures store is ready for customers by communicating restocking needs and executing visual direction
- Identifies trianing opportnities at the individual, departmnet and store level, and partners with Store Manager to build training strategy and execute plan
Additional duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of successful retail experience (Preferred)
- Demostrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate, direct and coach teammates
- Proven ability to understand a drive store profitability through employee engagement and customer experience
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Self-accountability and excellent problem solving skills
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$27.30 - $34.09 per hour