Operations Support Rep - FT Seasonal
REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
Season Dates: 06/16/2024 - 09/13/2024
*End date is flexible*
This job contributes to REI’s success by assisting with the various efforts of the Operations team as required. This includes helping the guides’ with pre and post-trip responsibilities, warehouse and kitchen processes ensuring all gear and food meets quality standards. Models and acts by REI’s guiding values and mission.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
How you will be successful:
- Oversees and assists guides with trips, food and gear packing, preparation, and returns.
- Acts as a point of contact for guides, answers questions and supports the packing, prepping, and trip de-rig processes.
- Maintains accurate gear inventory and associated systems.
- Maintains, repairs, and/or replaces damaged equipment
- Maintains warehouse and kitchen organization, cleanliness, and efficiency
- Partners with staff and guide team in the creation and building process of equipment, warehouse management, and process changes.
- Shops for food included on tours
- Acts as a floater, providing assistance to various operational activities as needed
Bring your passionate, authentic self
We lead with our values, and we are creating a culture that inspires and enables everyone to bring their whole self and their highest ambitions to work every day so that we can achieve more outside together. Join us in seeking, creating, and building new ways to work.
- 1+ year experience in guiding or customer service role
- Must have a valid, state-issued driver’s license with a good driving background and the ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate, which includes a physical and drug screen.
- Flexible schedule including weekends, early days/late nights
- Functional knowledge of administrative tasks utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure and within a deadline-inspired environment
- Ability to accurately follow directions and quickly learn new procedures.
- Communicate and work well with others.
- Love of the outdoors with camping, hiking, travel, and/or cycling experience and knowledge of relevant gear and resources
- Effectively participates and partners with others on one's team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to assist in the direction others take at REI.
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$15.00 - $16.65 per hour