IT Systems Specialist
Lead and manage global IT project teams and develop new IT solutions for the organization. Additionally, acts as a technical trainer for IT team members on new and existing solutions. Home of RockShox, SRAM’s Colorado facility sits in the shadow of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, more specifically Pikes Peak, and delivers some of the best bike riding in the US. Much of the brake and suspension development teams work in the office where gravity is primary to product development and testing. Colorado Springs blends a mountain town vibe with metropolitan access. Ranked as one of the best places to live by US News & World Report, Colorado Springs is located about an hour south of Denver.
- Responsible for the administration of a network and server environment.
- Installs, configures, and maintains system software. Monitors network performance, troubleshoots issues, and deploys solutions.
- Supports tier 2 or challenging end-user support.
- Advises users on the methods, steps, and actions to resolve and avoid future issues and provides documentation as needed.
- Documents incidents using help desk systems or tools.
- Escalates problems to appropriate levels or teams to achieve issue resolution.
- Coordinates the purchase of IT software and hardware for end users.
- Automates routine tasks using scripting or basic programs.
- Responsible for the daily administration of a network and server environment. Installs, configures, and maintains system software.
- Monitors network performance, troubleshoots issues, and deploys solutions. Documents network issues and events using standard formats.
- Plans and implements upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment installation.
- Uses scripting and writes basic programs to automate processes.
- Maintains and follows disaster recovery, security, backup, and restore plans.
- May evaluate new tools or equipment and perform analysis/feasibility studies to guide decisions on optimizing network performance.
- Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 years’ experience in Information Technology.
- May require Network Administrator Certification.
- Experience working on global, cross-functional teams and projects.
- Demonstrated analytical trouble-shooting skills.
- Successful experience participating in global projects.
- Ability to provide technical training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in scripting and/or programming skills to manage infrastructure and databases.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary range is $75,000 + 35% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.