Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
We are looking for a Junior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Operations and Business Systems, you will be responsible for building the design, development, and maintenance of data analytics and reporting solutions for tentree. Leveraging your experience in back-end data analytics, you will play a key role in the delivery of business intelligence solutions through collaboration with various departments within tentree. Our data stack is industry leading with Snowflake cloud data warehouse running on AWS feeding PowerBI dashboard & visualization. The successful candidate is someone who is highly analytical, eager to learn new skills, and committed to making a positive impact on our planet.
What will you be doing?
- You will support with the design, development, and maintenance of data analytics and reporting solutions.
- You will be working in Snowflake Cloud data warehouse to manage the semantic data layer
- You will work closely with executive members and various departments within tentree to understand their data and reporting needs and use this knowledge to help design and develop solutions.
- You will assist with the creation and maintenance of data models and data connections to support analytics and reporting.
- You will be responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy in all analytics and reports.
- You will provide training and support to end users on the use of the analytics and reporting solutions.
- You will monitor and troubleshoot system performance while taking appropriate action to resolve issues.
- You will stay apprised of new developments and updates in the field of Business Intelligence and make recommendations for process improvements as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics, or related field
- 2+ years experience in data analytics, reporting, or business intelligence
- Strong knowledge of SQL is required
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and QlikView
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with all department levels
- Passionate about the environment with a desire to make a meaningful and positive impact on our planet
- Extended healthcare plan
- Generous paid days off
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee discounts
- Discretionary bonus
tentree is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Something looks off?