The North Face: Senior Merchandiser, Footwear
Join the North Face Family
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve.
As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
Position: Senior Merchandiser, Footwear (Americas TNF)
As a Senior Merchandiser, Footwear, you will partner with the Global Footwear Product team, as well as Key Account Merchandising to lead the development and direction of TNF’s Americas Footwear business. This will be inclusive of seasonal product initiatives, key assortments by channel and world-class toolkit to meet financial targets/metrics and deliver on strategic intent.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
- Lead and deliver on a Product Merchandising strategy for Footwear categories that drives growth and revenue in Direct to Consumer, across Channels and within Accounts while also growing the Americas assortment between.
- Gather consumer insights, market research, and interpret opportunities (competitive analysis/comps shops) to align on seasonal opportunities.
- Curate channel assortments and assist in segmentation that provide meaningful points of difference by channel.
- Be the expert for own area of business.
- Build bottoms-up plans by product classification and channel to align with financial plan based on Americas category insights, regional sell-in and sell-thru data, historical trend, and seasonal initiatives.
- Supporting the product creation process from brief to production. Being fully involved in the go-to-market process of a product from proto to product launch.
- In partnership w/ Sr. Manager of Americas FTW/ACC & EQ Americas Category Management and Merchandising, build seasonal Americas assortment plans and reconcile Americas assortment with regional merchandising financial plans at key milestones to ensure alignment.
- Partner w/ Americas Category Management to drive seasonal toolkit excellence.
- Partner across functions to create a strong ‘1 Team’ culture of support, visibility and sharing.
- Utilizing Excel, report on sell-in & sell-out including analysis on selling vs. previous year and future booking forecast to previous seasons.
- Use the merchandising led report suite to enable good decision making for own area of business.
- Channel segmentation
- Style and SKU Productivity analysis
- Product Flow & Lifecycle management
- Seasonal briefing for area of responsibility
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of related professional experience: 5+ years
Educational position requirements: Bachelor of Arts: Merchandising, Product Management, or Business preferred or equivalent combination of years of experience and education.
What we expect you already know:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required.
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to influence in front of accounts.
- Strong understanding of assigned marketplace, including regional difference and across diverse channels of distribution.
- Ability to lead, influence and play an integral role within a broader team, connect the department and individual expectations to company vision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team, build consensus, and achieve results across a variety of distinct groups.
- Experience product forecasting, buying and retail math
- Computer/Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite very strong Excel required.
- Experience in retail sales analysis and interpretation of data to identify opportunities.
- Passion for the Outdoors and knowledge of consumer, distribution, competitors
- Understanding of Footwear product development and manufacturing process (a plus)
Hiring Range:$90,720.00 USD - $113,400.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.