Sr. Manager, Mobile Engineering
Sr. Manager, Mobile Engineering
VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, and Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. We’re committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
VF Corporation is searching for a motivated and results-oriented Sr. Manager, Mobile Engineering, to take on a pivotal role in leading mobile engineering teams responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the VF mobile solutions for our exciting brands: Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Icebreaker, Altra, Eagle Creek, Napapijri, Eastpak, Kipling, Smartwool, Jansport, and Workwear segment.
This role requires excellent people and technical leadership skills, robust experience in mobile development, and expertise in project management and agile/scrum methodologies.
The ideal candidate is someone who is technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative and passionate about mobile architecture and engineering.
This engineering leader will engage in collaborative efforts with fellow technical experts, take the lead in architecting mobile solutions, and spearhead the identification and implementation of reusable components within the mobile framework. Moreover, this seasoned professional will be instrumental in guiding technology choices, establishing best practices, and instilling engineering excellence and innovation into the mobile app development process at VF.
- Provide technical and people leadership to the mobile engineering teams, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence
- Set clear objectives and performance expectations for the teams, ensuring alignment with the overall business goals
- Recruit, mentor and develop high-performing mobile engineering teams
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define technical roadmaps and ensure the successful execution of mobile projects
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of mobile applications, ensuring adherence to quality standards and project timelines.
- Collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders to prioritize features and enhancements
- Collaborate with mobile engineering, platform, architecture and security teams to develop a mobile technology roadmap and ensure alignment with enterprise technology and security strategy
- Effectively communicate a technical vision for product requirements and establish a connection between the product roadmap and development iterations and releases
- Work with the Product Managers to define KPIs in order to measure and monitor implementation progress and value, as well as ongoing maintenance and support of products in the mobile portfolio
- Work closely with the UX/UI design teams to implement and refine user interfaces
- Ensure a seamless and intuitive user experience across different mobile devices
- Employ agile based development methodologies
- Establish data metrics to measure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the mobile apps
- Drive best practices: CI/CD, code standards, code reviews, testing automation, unit test and more
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices
- Lead continuous improvement to the mobile framework, development processes and tools
- Provide support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with native application development
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering manager role
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, mentoring and developing high-performing engineering teams
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin, Android SDK and Jackpack Compose, or Swift, SwiftUI and iOS SDK
- Skilled in background tasks, concurrency management and local data storage
- Experience with mobile architectural patterns (MVVM, MVP)
- Strong advocate for software best practices, and Clean coding principles
- Experience with cross-functional teams in an Agile scrum environment
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar tracking tools
- Success in scaling mobile products globally
- Experience implementing mobile app analytics solutions
- Experience with CI/CD, and version control, preferably Git
- Experience with Firebase
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with the full mobile development life cycle
- Contributions to open-source projects or a strong presence on GitHub
- Experience implementing Dependency Injection frameworks and patterns
- Experience with cross-platform frameworks such as React Native
- Experience building commerce apps
- Experience building white-label apps to be scaled cross-brands
- Experience with RESTful APIs and AWS