Dickies: Digital Marketplace Manager
Manager, Digital Marketplace
Here at Dickies, our purpose is to champion the passion, pride and power of work. For a century, we’ve celebrated the ordinary people making extraordinary things. The Marketplace Merchandiser will lead the delivery of a Merchandising strategy for our field accounts that drive growth and revenue across key channels and within accounts while also growing the shared global assortment between all regions. We are looking for a passionate team player who brings creative and positive energy to everything they do. A collaborative inspirational and results-oriented leader who can lead through influence and motivates others to drive high performing accounts. As part of the NORA Merchandising team, you will have exposure to leaders and functions across the organization – including Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, and Product Development.
Join the Dickies Family
Dickies has spent nearly a century crafting innovative workwear known for its performance, durability and comfort. Since 1922, Dickies continues its long legacy of designing quality workwear and work-inspired apparel at a price anyone can afford. What began as a humble denim bib overall company has grown into a worldwide force, weaving together cultural movements with a rigorous commitment to straightforward style and long-lasting ingenuity.
In 2017, Dickies was acquired by VF Corporation, the parent company of global powerhouse brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status. VF is the ideal steward to honor the Dickies heritage while providing a platform for growth that ensures continued success for another century. We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
- Lead and deliver on a Merchandising strategy for Channels of distribution that drives growth and revenue in across Channels and within Accounts while also growing the shared global assortment between all regions
- Build Retail assortment plans in partnership w/ Global Merchandising while understanding specific account and channel needs based on assortment and margin goals
- Reconcile assortment and line plans with merchandising financial plans at key milestones to ensure alignment
- Build product briefs based on regional needs to submit to global product creation
- Partner w/ Global Merch to develop product lifecycle plans and meet / exceed Margin targets for your retail channels
- Inspire confidence across the brand, demonstrating expertise on category, consumer and market
- Gather market research and interpret opportunities (competitive analysis/comps shops) to align on seasonal opportunities.
- Curate channel assortments and assist in segmentation that provide meaningful points of difference by channel.
- Participate in the cross functional Go-To-Market work stream, ensuring seasonal vision is brought to life in store and online with Retail, Commercial and Marketing partners.
- Lead Product presentations in meetings with targeted strategic accounts / Direct to Consumer.
- Lead in the Product presentations in Sales Meeting
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years professional experience including proven track record of working in the workwear and/or fashion lifestyle apparel industry with a rudimentary knowledge of the apparel retail space.
Educational Position Requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
- What we expect you already know:
- Strategic w/ proven ability to grow a category and bring big ideas to market
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to influence in front of accounts
- Strong understanding of assigned marketplace, including regional differences and across diverse channels of distribution
- Ability to play and integral role within a broader team, connect the department and individual expectations to company vision; confidence and presence to lead a diverse team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team, build consensus, and achieve results across a variety of distinct groups.
- Experience product forecasting, statistical modeling and/or strategic planning
- Experience in retail sales analysis and interpretation of data to identify opportunities
- Understanding of sales, product design, development and manufacturing process
- What we will teach you:
- Internal systems at Dickies and across VF
- Cross-functional partnerships
- Dickies Go To Market Strategy
- VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
Hiring Range:$84,000.00 USD - $105,000.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.