We are seeking a business-oriented attorney with corporate and transactional legal experience to join our team. The primary focus is to advise on US corporate and securities matters, including public company regulations, corporate secretary and governance matters, subsidiary and legal entity management, and transactional support to stakeholders such as Global Tax, Treasury, Indirect Procurement and others.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Support the Assistant Corporate Secretary on corporate governance and implementing the team’s strategy
- Build strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to better support the business with their legal needs and minimizing risk for the company
- Provide legal advice and guidance to business leaders on matters of corporate law. Advise leaders to mitigate risk.
- Support VF’s subsidiary and legal entity management
- Support and review SEC filings, such as Section 16 filings
- Manage governance for Employee equity and executive compensation matters
- Provide legal support for corporate restructuring projects and initiatives for International Tax, Treasury, Corporate Accounting, and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advise, draft, and negotiate Intercompany agreements
- Advise, draft, and negotiate agreements and contracts in support of our Global Supply Chain and Indirect Procurement team.
- Support the business leaders, colleagues, and other stakeholders to recognize and manage risks, employ risk-mitigation strategies, advise on regulatory and contractual compliance, and assist with various operational and office management matters.
- Stay up to date on new legal and company policies, regulations, trends, and procedures within the Corporate Governance environment to better support the business.
Key Skills for Success:
- A good sense of humor, ability to laugh at oneself, and desire to have fun at work!
- A strong aversion to interpersonal drama and office politics (Our highest priority is preserving and strengthening our amazing team culture!)
- Responsible and highly conscientious, with a very strong work ethic and diligent attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and responsive to the needs of colleagues and stakeholders
- Demonstrated record of resourcefulness, taking initiative, and readily accepting responsibility for delivering results
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and time management skills; a proven record of driving for and achieving results; and the ability to advance multiple projects and competing priorities with multi-horizon deadlines, while exhibiting grace and poise under pressure
- Proficiency in using clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills to influence all levels of the organization with persuasion, empathy, and diplomacy
- Solid analytical skills and sound professional judgment
- Strong orientation towards teamwork, collaboration and building strong relationships of trust with colleagues and counterparties around the globe and across cultures
- A practical approach, focusing on being a business partner, team member, facilitator, and collaborator
- Demonstrate a positive, “can-do” attitude, support of the client’s goals, and enthusiasm for the success of VF at all times
- A deep commitment to continuously develop skills and knowledge through research, training, collaborating, and self-improvement, and willingness to take responsibility for mistakes (which will happen) and learn and grow from them
- Strong end-user technology skills are required (including specifically word processing, database, and presentation technologies), as well as the interest and willingness to adopt new technologies rapidly to improve productivity and efficiency
- Experience working with multiple, diverse teams at a global, consumer-focused organization is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital technologies used by retailers, such as ecommerce, payment mechanisms, retail POS, social media, mobile apps, and digital marketing, software, cloud computing, and IT infrastructure is preferred
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- 8 years of experience as attorney at reputable law firm or combination of reputable law firm and in-house
- Juris Doctor (“JD”) degree from a highly reputable, ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law and in good standing in at least one state/jurisdiction
- Strong general corporate background; securities experience helpful
- Ability to lead, influence, and advise at all levels of the VF organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working with international teams and cross border experience a plus
- Experience working with Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, and other corporate functions a plus
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 20% amount of time.
- Lifting and/or bending, lifting 10 lbs of weight.
Hiring Range:$132,000.00 USD - $165,000.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
At VF, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. VF will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.