Manager, Demand Planning (Timberland EMEA)
Timberland EMEA is looking for an exceptional Demand Planning Manager to join our Demand and Inventory team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying - and protecting - nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You will be responsible for driving the European Demand Planning for the Timberland footwear, apparel, and accessories business.
Your role will include the full planning and analysis tasks for a designated part of the Timberland wholesale and distributor businesses. The focus is on optimization of the market potential and minimization of Timberlands risk through integrated planning. You will work with Merchandising on the selection of the product line, with Supply Chain on the seasonal Supply Chain strategy and stock levels and with various other parties such as the Order Management team, Country Sales Planning... to maximize the forecast accuracy.
As part of the multi-channel operation team, be a change leader, driving the team from pure demand planning to integrated business planning.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Driving forecast accuracy improvements to achieve set targets and improve forecast accuracy on a continual basis.
- Contributing and participating in the European open to buy management for designated area.
- Driving the team’s data analytics, with special focus on excess, shortage & OTB + Ad hoc analysis as necessary.
- Managing Demand Planners, leading the development and planning of their workload in line with the corporate needs and job role requirements to ensure deadlines are hit in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the generation of the multi-horizon planning, consolidating demand of the different regions and actively proposing ideas to position the brands supply chain strategy in the most appropriate way considering all elements available.
- Leading and facilitating input into the seasonal product cycle, GTM and GSM meetings. Support the provision of information on SKU productivity and line commonality.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain teams (regional and global) on the development and maintenance of the Supply Chain strategy.
Skills for Success
You should be a team player, detailed focused, analytical / data oriented, dynamic and with strong Entrepreneurial skills. You should also be flexible and able to work within a dynamic working environment where priorities frequently change, whilst deadlines needs to be met.
- 4/5 years of experience in similar roles and in the same industry
- Fluent English
- People management experience
- Computer Literate (Advanced Excel is a must)
- Sound understanding of planning / forecasting, ideally using APTOS or similar systems
- Experience of Footwear and/or Apparel industry
- Ability to demonstrate a commercial outlook
- Be a Timberland Purpose Ambassador
A University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Economics, business or equivalent study is required a pre-requisite
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
This post is not eligible for relocation support
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!