Brand Credit Analyst - 12-month FTC
Brand Credit Analyst – 12-month fixed term contract
Salary: From £30,000 per year
VF Corporation is looking for an exceptional Brand Credit Analyst to join our Credit Team on a fixed term basis to cover internal movement due to maternity leave. This position is based in Calverton, Nottinghamshire, UK.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
In this dynamic and fast-paced role the Brand Credit Analyst acts as a custodian of the AR for VF brands across the EMEA region.
In addition to overseeing the AR and supporting with all Credit forecasting activities, you will be the go-to person for the VF brands for escalation related to specific customers, orderbook conversion, and risk mitigation.
You will work closely alongside the Operational Credit Teams, acting as a go-between with other areas of the business. Communication and engagement with senior brand stakeholders and customers will therefore be a key attribute you need to bring to the role.
How You Will Make a Difference
Your responsibilities will include a variety of the following duties on a daily, weekly and monthly basis:
- Supporting the VF brands with the execution of their sales targets, highlighting potential concerns that you can foresee, in terms of Credit Risk and Orderbook conversion.
- Preparing and presenting management information and commentary on your analysis,
- Discussing the monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts related to projected bad debt write-offs, cash collection, blocked orderbook, and AR KPIs with the Brand Credit Manager and Credit Director
- Tracking & reporting on progress against these metrics
- Engaging with high-profile customers to optimise debt collection and safeguard the business from potential bad debt write offs.
Skills for Success
You should be someone who has previous experience with Credit who has/is:
- able to interpret financial data effectively (balance sheets, a P&L, credit scores etc.)
- The ability to confidently communicate with Senior Stakeholders within the business, as well as in negotiation with high-profile customers in a positive and influential manner.
- Being strong and supportive team player, able to collaborate closely with both the VF Credit Teams and the wider business in order to optimise performance
- Strong analytical skills enabling you to draw conclusions which supports you to set action plans to reduce aged debt position.
- Being resourceful, pro-active, and resolution-oriented when encountering challenging situations with the brands and customers
- Adaptable and proactive
- A lateral thinker with good problem-solving skills
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package:
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- 50% employee discount on all VF brands both in store and online
- Subsidised canteen and break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
- Health Shield membership and access to numerous health and wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program, offering access to free services such as Mental Health and wellbeing support as well as legal and financial advice.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 with length of service and your birthday off
- Smart pension scheme - 8% employer contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free secure onsite parking and discounts with local public transport
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!