Senior Analyst, FP&A (Global Vans)
Senior Financial Analyst, Global Vans: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
The Senior Financial Analyst, Global Vans will report to the Director of FP&A, Global Vans. The global brands financial planning and analysis team serves as the critical partner for the brand’s global leadership team. The team is responsible for creating and analyzing all short term and long-term strategic planning, financial, and operational aspects of the brand’s Global business. You will partner with The Director to play a critical role in the financial planning process of the strategic future year plans, model new growth vectors and opportunities for continuous improvement, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to monitor progress against these growth initiatives. This will include financial checkpoints throughout the product creation process with a key focus on margin expansion, product KPI’s, and financial gaps versus the strategic outlook. This individual will work closely and collaboratively with global brand leaders, global Merchandising Planning & Operations, Strategy, Supply chain and regional finance teams.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Develop an understanding of Vans global business and provide financial and decision-support analytics to the Global Leadership team to support key business initiatives and decisions.
- Along with the Director of FP&A, support the 3Yr rolling financial plan (LRP) partnering with the global strategy, global merch planning & Ops, product, supply chain and regional finance teams. Understand the brand strategy and support in drawing conclusions through financial analysis.
- Support in the preparation of presentations for executive leadership teams, Board of Directors, and ad hoc requests and analysis through earnings and monthly/quarterly meeting cadence.
- Support in the financial modeling and draw financial insights on product margin, including developing an understanding of the global pricing architecture and global cost framework.
- Support global Go-to-Market (GTM) process and global leadership team in identifying gaps versus the 3YP assumptions and updating rolling models based on adjustments to growth initiatives and assortment.
- Create and maintain standardized tools to that enable the team to execute the consolidation of the brand’s global financials. This will include aggregating commentary on key financial variances with a focus on consumer/marketing, product, and marketplace.
- Partner with the global functions to ensure adherence to operating budgets and achieve annual SG&A savings goals to fuel further brand investment.
- Monitor global brand costs and support the monthly close and reporting for the global cost centers by maintaining ownership of the monthly forecast and the annual plan process for these areas with a strong attention to detail.
- Support the consolidation of product-level revenue reporting, supporting Global brand leaders and various GTM, GSM, and other commercial planning processes.
- Support business partners with key strategic initiatives and ad hoc requests through data gathering, analytics and by being a critical team member in pulling together business cases for review by Senior Management.
- Analyze short term (actual and forecast) and long term (annual plan and strategic plan) business trends in various channels utilizing KPIs from multiple sources across the business.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. MBA, CFA or CPA is a plus.
- Strong financial background; exceptional analytical and modelling skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in the FP&A function at a multinational company, preferably in consumer-related or retail industries. Target industry experience does not need to be limited to apparel retailers.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with evolving business needs strategic thinking and problem solving skills
Skills for Success:
- Project management skills: efficient, organized and collaborative, able to keep track of multiple streams of work.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment & to be a team player
- Highly organized & achievement-oriented
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Business acumen: understanding of the product lifecycle & to think creatively, with high foresight & holistic strategic mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as ability to collaborate as a cross-functional team player
- Knowledge and experience in financial concepts, budgeting, and forecasting with strong financial modelling skills
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, data management and reporting skills
- Strong appreciation for culture in a values-driven business
- Ability to effectively present findings to management in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Varies, minimum travel required
- Hybrid Office Arrangement - 4 days per week in office, 1 day remote work
Hiring Range:$73,440.00 USD - $91,800.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
At VF, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. VF will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.