Product Development Associate
About Wild Rye!
Wild Rye is a small, growing B-Corp certified brand based in Sun Valley, ID that’s dedicated to crafting beautiful and technical mountain apparel for all who identify as women that inspires confidence and welcomes more women into the outdoors. We’re committed to protecting the places we play through a sustainably minded approach to product development, supply chain and ongoing commitments to 1% for the Planet, Climate Neutral and POW. We’re a small but mighty team looking for some added (wo)man power. Wild Rye is seeking a hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team at our HQ in Idaho! This position is a full-time, in house position.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious, flexible and hardworking person with a passion for product, from sourcing recycled materials, geeking out on key features and perfecting women’s fit. As a part of the Wild Rye team, you will be expected to wear many hats within the product world, so small business experience is a plus. That said, we’re specifically seeking a candidate that has technical product skills and organization that spans product ideation to delivery. This person should be a technical apparel user (cyclist and snowsports enthusiast in particular) that keeps an eye on the fashion industry. The right candidate should be someone who is detail-oriented, self-motivated and organized. Please be aware that job function will grow and evolve with our brand growth, so flexibility is a must!
Passion for the Wild Rye lifestyle is, in this case, not just a plus but a must. Passion for elevating women in the outdoors & in business is also a must (like it is for everyone on our team). Wild Rye deeply values diversity and inclusivity, we strongly encourage traditionally under-represented folx to apply.
Specific Job Duties
- Support Sr. Product Developer and Designer with development and production owning daily communication with our factories.
- Communicates factory information and timelines to the product team and other departments as needed.
- Organize and maintain all tech packs/BOMs (existing product).
- Assist with scheduling fittings and managing fit models.
- Measure all incoming samples and document specs and initial comments.
- Take photos and clear and detailed notes during fittings.
- Work with Materials Developers to organize fabric certificates.
- Manage bulk color approvals, strike offs, and submits.
- Manage SMS and photography sample ordering, timelines and coordination with all departments.
- Own the entire wear testing process scheduling, procuring product, organizing and communicating feedback.
- Maintains organized fabrics, trims, submits, etc. by season.
- Assist in monitoring timelines for development including fabric and trims.
- Assist with accessories design, development, and sourcing.
- Travel to trade shows, vendor meetings, trend research as needed.
- Promotes Wild Rye’s corporate responsibility of social and environmental efforts throughout all aspects of the business.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years experience in technical design, product development, or related industry experience
- Working knowledge of design and development process
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Adobe Illustrator proficiency preferred
- Experience with factory communication
- Strong knowledge of apparel vocabulary
- Experience with apparel manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of patternmaking a bonus
- Grading experience- added bonus
- Competitive Pay: ~$55-60k, DOE
- Medical Health benefits
- Flexible work schedule with powder clause and lunch rides
- Paid holidays
- Flexible PTO with prior approval by supervisor
- Relocation assistance if relevant
- Wild Rye product & other industry discounts!
This position is based in Sun Valley, ID which provides incredible access to mountain biking and other adventures in the summer as well as both lift-served and backcountry skiing and riding in the winter. We’re a growing team of passionate women (and a few men) who are always looking for more adventure buddies and eager to help you meet your goals in your career and in the outdoors.To apply: Send resume, portfolio and cover letter explaining why you believe you’re a fit for this position and Wild Rye to firstname.lastname@example.org.