Senior Quality Engineer - Product Development
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Senior Quality Engineer – Product Development will primarily be responsible for quality engineering throughout the product development process, production approval and continuous improvement. These activities will be focused on supporting development of product requirements, design validation, and manufacturing capability. More specifically, driving end to end quality from concept through production utilizing the DFMEA and DFx processes to establish critical/significant characteristics, partnering with YETI’s Manufacturing Engineers, Supplier/Partners and Supplier Quality Engineers to drive related Process Validation and implement effective Control Plans. This individual will also partner with Product Management and Engineering to drive Continuous Product Improvement, trending supplier and warranty data to identify root cause and effective countermeasures for product and process issues. This person will have a significant level of partnership and engagement with project management, marketing, product development, manufacturing, and suppliers. The Senior Quality Engineer will work as a core team member on major product development projects. In addition, this individual will be responsible for developing and standardizing processes and tools to better facilitate product development activities.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Work with cross functional teams and incorporate Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) in major product development projects; focus on Product requirement, DFx, FMEA, DVP, CAPA, Product and Process capability, and risk analysis
- Develop and standardize processes, metrics, and tools to improve product development quality
- Being the champion of customers and translate voice of customers into product requirement and design
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine requirements and establish quality and reliability objectives
- Develop and maintain quality/reliability standards to ensure alignment with customer expectations
- Perform quality reviews and internal audits on existing product development projects
- Participate in supplier qualification and support sourcing decisions
- Participate in the continuous product improvement process through the analysis of production and warranty data with primary focus on establishing root cause and partnering with functional teams to drive countermeasures.
- Enthusiastically collaborate and drive a culture of quality, reliability, and continuous improvement throughout the organization
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- At least 6 years of engineering experience, preferably from the Automotive Industry, or similar industry where APQP is widely implemented
- Previous experience in quality and design engineering is required
- Past hands-on experience and knowledge of traditional quality tools, APQP, DFx, FMEA, DOE, GR&R, SPC, and PPAP
- Experience effectively utilizing statistical methods and statistical analysis tools
- Knowledge of reliability prediction methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with a broad array of manufacturing methods and tooling typically utilized in YETI’s products, including injection molding, roto molding, light assembly, etc.
- Ability to solve problems, perform risk analysis, make quality and timely decisions
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams and being a team player
- Ability to travel both internationally and domestically up to 20%
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?