Senior Tax Analyst
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will be responsible for all things tax, including tax compliance, income tax provision, and special projects. This role will also be responsible for the analysis and review of accounting activity and transactions to determine the proper tax treatment, research and respond to ad hoc questions from internal team members. You are passionate about tax problem solving and getting to the right answer. You can manage multiple projects at once covering a wide range of tax topics. You are flexible in changing priorities in your tasks as needed.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Assist with the preparation of federal and state income tax returns, working with an accounting firm
- Prepare the quarterly and year-end income tax provision and disclosures in accordance with ASC 740, including documentation and memos
- Complete tax account roll forwards and reconciliations
- Coordinate with the external auditor for the financial statement audit
- Develop and maintain tax workpapers, focusing on improving processes and efficiency
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax calculations and manage tax payments
- Assist with special projects including research and development credit, state research, and business expansion
- Research and document tax technical issues
- Monitor tax law changes and determine the impact to the company
- Manage the sales and use tax process, including oversight of third party vendor
- Assist with or manage tax examinations
- Collaborate closely with Accounting, Financial Reporting, and FP&A teams
- Cross-functional collaboration with other departments such as Marketing, Sales and IT on tax relevant projects
- Maintain a strong SOX control environment and ensure high quality external audit workpapers
- Prepare or assist with non-income tax filings such as franchise and property tax
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 4 years’ corporate tax experience with at least 2 years in public accounting (Big 4 required) or equivalent combination of experience
- Working knowledge of ASC 740
- CPA license or working towards certification is required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Goal oriented with high standards for excellence
- Self-starter and persistent with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Is known for developing and delivering results on a timely basis
- Able to work in an ambiguous, fast-growing team-first environment
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.