Managing Director, Europe
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Managing Director, YETI Europe will lead the growth strategy and business operations for YETI-owned subsidiaries and manage/grow partnerships with retailers in Europe. The role will work from our European Headquarters in Amsterdam and will report directly to our US-based Chief Commercial Officer.
- Develop and execute YETI’s expansion strategy in international markets in Europe in concert with the Chief Commercial Officer and other internal and external partners
- Refine and enhance YETI’s strategy for the region with an eye to digital first
- Build and scale people, process and technology to deliver revenue to meet sales targets, drive brand introduction and positioning in growth markets, and provide authentic consumer experiences
- Partner with our Brand, Creative, and Community Marketing Teams to enhance content strategies for targeted regions
- Oversee budgets, financial forecasts, cost controls to optimize financial performance along with overall ownership of the P&L
- Provide valuable local insights to product management team as we further develop an international roadmap
- Work with Supply/Demand Planning and Logistics teams on inventory needs and product availability
- Collaborate with additional corporate departments including Finance, IT, and Talent to achieve business objectives as required
- Recruit, manage and develop in market teams to support regional strategies and initiatives
- Leverage external relationships with channel partners and vendors to support the business
- Implement best practices to ensure successful market penetration across Europe
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, graduate degree preferred with at least 14 years of experience in general management driving omni-channel sales in consumer goods/retail environments
- Must possess a GM mindset with ability to operate strategically, build processes for scale, and manage the day-to-day operations
- Strong business acumen with a track record of driving revenue to meet business objectives and delivering best in class customer experiences
- Experience launching products/brands in EMEA with partners, contractors and full-time employees
- Talent Champion. At least 10 years of people management experience, deeply investing in the acquisition, development, and retention of high-performing, diverse teams. Balances opportunities that maximize a team engagement, contribution, and sense of belonging. Highly skilled at delivering impactful and actionable feedback. Leverages opportunities to connect people development to business growth.
- Strategic Focus. Operates in the now but thinks, plans, and acts with a focus on the long-view, sustainability, extraordinary outcomes, and scaling the business.
- Communicating with Impact. Experience with working in an international company, interacting and communicating across various cultures and experience with managing a multi-country scope. Tailors level of detail and transparency in communications, depending on audience and circumstances.
- Inspirational Leadership. Ability to effectively communicate a vision that inspires people across the organization to act. Highly respected, trusted, relatable and humble leader who most people aspire to be like as they build their own leadership style at YETI.
- Holistic Ownership. Tenacious view of our ecosystem and impact of decisions cross-functionally, locally, globally, employee, customer, or supplier. Drives cross-functional agreement; pulls in the right people; leverages contextual data and stakeholders to produce a well-rounded solution.
- Operational Intensity. Passion for the success of our brand and our position in the marketplace. Inclined toward action-driving, resulting in positive change for our business. Resilient, learning from adversity or failure, adapting, and returning with an even better outcome.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.